What is Traceability?
Agri-food Traceability is the ability to follow
products through all stages of the agri-food chain - from production
to retail. It provides us with an effective way to track an identified
product (and its attributes) as it moves between locations. It is
- to help you meet your market requirements and access new market
- for effective product recall;
- for planning. preparing, response and recovery efforts in the
event of an animal disease outbreak;
- to ensure confidence in your products; and
- for protection of your business and your customers.
A traceability system captures, stores and shares information about
products received, internal production and operational processes,
all the way to finished goods that are shipped and sold to the customer.
Types of traceability systems range from simple paper-based recordkeeping
to more sophisticated information management that uses automated
and computerized components for efficient data capture and secure
access to information.